Thursday, January 10, 2008

A New Year

New Year's 2008 was a New Year's well spent.  I rang in 2008 with my nearest and dearest (or, as I like to refer to them, my VIPeeps :-) ) in St. Paul, MN.  Good people, good laughs, good food, good wine, and all-over merriment abounded.  It was such a delightful way to start this new year, and was well worth braving the frozen tundra that is Minnesota in January.  I have to admit, I still harbor a fondness for Minnesota--I wouldn't be surprised if I end up back there some day, if only for a little while.  While I was there, it was neat to stand back, take in my college friends, and realize that we are all growing up into pretty cool people.  I am so proud of all of my friends and what they are accomplishing in their lives.

What was just as delightful as seeing these wonderful people was coming back to Berkeley--and getting to reconnect with the communities I have here.  While some friends are still "new," I was taken by how many of them no longer fall into that category.  Warm things like breakfast with Eli, calling on Kris last minute to pick me up from the airport and giggling most of the way home, and chatting with Ryan about everything and anything under the sun are just a few of the reasons Berkeley has become home to me.   

Now, I am in what might be considered most authentically my home gearing up to go on vacation with my parents and Emily.  And aside from "studying" for my Bible Content Exam that's coming up, I've been feeling blessed to have three places I can call home.  I can't think of a better way to start of a new year.


No comments: